February 4, 2019 by Let Me Run National
Let Me Run is proud to be an official charity partner of the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon.
Following the success of our 2017 and 2018 Charity Runner teams that raised over $100,000 for Let Me Run, we're excited for the incredible opportunity to participate again this year as a 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Charity Partner. Through our 10 devoted Charity Runners, we can raise awareness and funds for our program, which will enable us to continue to expand our reach across the country and fulfill our mission. We’re working to inspire all boys through the power of running to be courageous enough to be themselves, build healthy relationships, and live active lifestyles.
Our Let Me Run Charity Runners will have the unique opportunity — and responsibility — to provide support, inspiration, and leadership for our boys, the next generation of men.
Like the New York Road Runners Club, Let Me Run believes, ”running takes your body, mind, and spirit to a better place. The simple act of putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward can make you healthier, happier, and more confident.” That’s why running is such a powerful vehicle for the holistic lessons in our curriculum.
In addition to running, generosity has also been proven to increase health and happiness. Let Me Run's Charity Runners can combine the power of running and generosity to become a force for positive change in our society, who support the emotional, social and physical health of our boys.
Let Me Run Charity Runner Requirements:
If we select you to be one of our 10 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Charity Runners, your main goal will be to raise funds for our program. Leading up to the marathon, you will certainly train, reach personal goals, and experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at the race, but your success will primarily be measured by your ability to raise the funds you committed to provide for Let Me Run. Each runner must raise a minimum of $3,000, but we expect you to exceed this minimum.
- Each Charity Runner must register themselves for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon and pay a registration fee of $295.00 for non-NYRR members or $255.00 for members. Let Me Run will provide a link to register as a Charity Runner.
- In addition to paying the $295 registration fee, each Charity Runner must raise a minimum of $3000 for Let Me Run.
- The $3,000 fundraising minimum must be reached by October 31, 2019, or the TCS New York City Marathon will not allow you to run in the race. On November 1st, Let Me Run will charge each Charity Runner's provided credit card for the difference between their funds raised and the $3,000 minimum.
- Each Charity Runner is responsible for their own travel/lodging arrangements and expenses.
- All runners will be required to visit the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Health and Wellness Expo to pick up their race materials. The expo will be open for three days leading up to the race from October 31 –November 2. Exact times and location will be available closer to race day.
- It is vitally important that runners plan their travel and lodging arrangements to accommodate visiting the Expo during business hours.
- Each Charity Runner must train and run a marathon in New York City on Sunday, November 3, 2019.
- All runners must live as a positive role model for Let Me Run boys.
Let Me Run Charity Runner Perks:
Guaranteed entry to the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon
All charity runners will have access to a training plan established by NYRR.
Each Let Me Run Charity Runner can have a customized training plan and support, created by Paul Martino, Let Me Run Executive Director.
Let Me Run will provide guidance and support for your fundraising efforts with established templates and a personal fundraising page.
Each Charity Runner will receive an exclusive Let Me Run team race shirt for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon.
Each Charity Runner will be invited to the Let Me Run social event a day prior to the race.
Apply as a 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Charity Runner for Let Me Run, now through February 17th, 2019.
For more information, please email [email protected]
About the TCS New York City Marathon
The 2019 TCS New York City Marathon will feature a world-class American and international professional athlete field, charity runners, and thousands of runners of all ages and abilities. More than 10,000 volunteers help to support participants across the 26.2-mile race route, which touches each of New York City’s five boroughs and is lined with more than one million neighbors and guests.
The TCS New York City Marathon is the premier event of New York Road Runners (NYRR) and the largest marathon in the world. Over 1,000,000 people have finished the race since its first running in 1970 with just 127 entrants and 55 finishers running four laps around Central Park. The race expanded to all five boroughs in 1976 and just celebrated its 40th year as a five-borough affair. Held annually on the first Sunday of November, the race features over 50,000 runners including the world’s top professional athletes and a vast range of competitive, recreational, and charity runners. Participants from over 125 countries tour the city, starting on Staten Island at the foot of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and running through the neighborhoods of Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx before ending in Manhattan. The NYRR Youth Invitational at the TCS New York City Marathon covered 1.8 miles of the race course in Central Park, beginning near mile 24 and finishing at the famed TCS New York City Marathon finish line.
More than one million spectators and thousands of volunteers line the city streets in support of the runners, while millions more watch the television broadcast in 175 countries and territories. The race is part of the Abbott World Marathon Majors, which features the world’s top marathons—Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, and New York—and crowns the top professional male and female marathoners each year. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization, is the premier partner of NYRR and the title sponsor of the TCS New York City Marathon.
The 2019 TCS New York City Marathon is set for November 3, 2019. To learn more, visit www.tcsnycmarathon.org.